Pomegranate and Rosemary Cocktail
A perfect Fall cocktail to kick of the holiday season.
- 4 oz high quality gin
- 3 oz pomegranate juice
- 2 oz simple syrup infused with rosemary (see below)
- Fizzy water
- 2 small rosemary sprigs (for garnish)
- Two small fistfuls pomegranate seeds (for garnish)
- Fill 2 highball glasses with ice.
- Divide gin, pomegranate juice and sugar syrup between the two glasses
- Top with fizzy water and stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and some pomegranate seeds
Simple Syrup with Rosemary
- 1 cup (8 ounces) water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat add water, sugar and rosemary.
- Stir until sugar completely dissolves. Let mixture simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature allowing the flavors to deepen – about 2 hours.
- Once cooled, pour syrup through a strainer and throw away the rosemary sprigs.
Photo Credit: Creative Commons, Pomegranates is licensed under CC0 by 1.0